After bending my axle on some pot holes on the awful roads around the island I decided to do a lift. The axle bottomed out on the frame sending a shock to the spindle, causing it to bend. The trailer can hold a maximum of 1,990 lbs of cargo. I only have 1,200 lbs of cargo. So in theory this should have never happened.
I decided to increase my axle’s travel an inch to avoid bending the axle again. Next I am planning on adding shock absorbers and bump stop’s to avoid this problem in the future.
Here is a before and after
fabricating new shackles
Pressing the bolts into the new shackles
Painted and installed.